Opening Date: 2018-08-14
Deadline Date: 2018-10-03
The Government of Québec is postdoctoral research scholarships
The Government of Québec is postdoctoral research scholarships for Canadian and international students. These scholarships are intended for new researchers who obtained their doctorate and who wish to begin or pursue their postdoctoral research.
The objective of the postdoctoral research scholarship program is to foster up-and-coming researchers working in various research environments, by helping new doctorate holders to broaden their field of research.
The Québec Research Fund – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) is responsible for managing the program. He was commissioned to make the management of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Quebec (MEES), which provides funding.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
- Application Deadline: October 3, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The maximum annual value of postdoctoral research scholarships is $45 000.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Canadian and international students
- Scholarship can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
How to apply: A candidate may submit only one application per year to the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies.
Contents of a file
All of the e-forms must be filled out and sent in by the competition deadline.
The candidate must create a user account in order to complete the scholarship application form.
The form is available on the Web site of the FRQNT. It must be filled out and sent electronically by the competition deadline. Once it has been completed, the form may be printed and saved by the applicant.
A candidate who chooses the multidisciplinary committee (14) must attach a one-page document to the form, in the section “Autres documents”, explaining the multidisciplinary aspect of the program of study.
Forms may be completed in English or French. Candidates who submit the form in English must provide a French title for their project.
With the exception of the documents attached in the “Autres documents” section, all files attached to the application must meet the following presentation standards:
- Pages must be 8½” x 11″ (216 mm x 279 mm) and converted to PDF format. The file must not be password protected;
- Pages must be single-spaced with no more than 6 lines per inch;
- All text must be in 12 pt Times New Roman font for Microsoft Office or Open Office users, or 12 pt Nimbus Roman font for LaTeX users;
- Narrow fonts are not permitted;
- Margins must be set at a minimum of 1.9 cm (¾”);
Identification of pages:
- Top right corner: candidate’s last name and first name;
- Top left corner: TITLE OF THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT;
- Bottom centre: page numbers (1, 2, … , 10);
The maximum number of pages varies according to document type and is specified in the form. No additional pages will be transmitted to the evaluation committee.
Two letters of reference are required. Le répondant ou la répondante doit remplir la lettre de recommandation à partir de son compte utilisateur sur le site Web du FRQNT.
Le superviseur doit remplir une lettre d’acceptation à partir de son compte utilisateur sur le site Web du FRQNT.
The applicant must fill out and send in the Canadian Common CV e-form.
Important note: From now on, the Fonds will be using the new Canadian Common CV and will also require that everyone who provides a CV enclose a PDF file detailing contributions.
Supporting documents required
Required documents must be submitted electronically in the “Autres documents” section of the application form. Any documents that are illegible or of a poor resolution will be rejected.
The applicant is responsible for his/her application which must include all of the required documents for an application to be deemed receivable. The applicant must also ensure that his/her respondents and supervisor have submitted their letters of recommendation and acceptance by the competition deadline at the latest.
You have to supply the following documents:
- Acknowledgements of receipt from the editor for all articles submitted and notices received from editors for articles accepted for publication (Acknowledgements of receipt for articles already published are not sent to the evaluation committee);
- Acknowledgements of receipt for any patents submitted ;
Additional documents for candidates wishing to be considered for exemptions regarding the eligibility period:
- Official attestation of interrupted enrolment and, where applicable, a medical certificate indicating the duration of and the reason for the interruption.
- For the eligibility extension for parental leave, a copy of the child’s birth certificate or adoption certificate.
Additional document for applicants who are carrying out their research abroad and who are ensured a regular position in a Québec research centre or university upon their return:
- A letter from the director of the research centre or university department confirming that the position will be granted when the applicant returns.
Only the e-form for the 2018-2019 financial year and the other documents required are accepted. No attached material or documents other than those required are forwarded to the evaluation committee. Files cannot be updated after the closing date for applications. You may, however, update any contact information (address, phone number and e-mail address) at the following address: email@example.com.
The FRQNT reserves the right to verify with institutions concerned the authenticity of any documents and information provided with the application. Additional documents may be required.
Any document submitted in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Procedure for submitting required documents
Before the closing date for applications, candidates must submit all required documents in the “Autres documents” section of their application form. No reminder will be made, and no files can be added after the deadline for submitting applications.
Important : Incomplete files will not be accepted.